Looking out for NodeJS hosting platforms for your upcoming business? Go no further and read more to know about the best hosting platforms 2020.
Apparently NodeJS is used for back-end, front-end and full stack development work. Besides, it is also used for intricacies of development work of a particular component inside a complex application.
No wonder, it is immensely popular across businesses of all kinds for maximizing productivity with very less investment. It’s designed to be greatly scalable for growing businesses and is fantastic for creating cutting-edge applications for diverse users.
Selecting the best NodeJS hosting platforms for your upcoming business can be quite a daunting task, as compared to the WordPress or similar PHP apps.
There are 2 popular methods of hosting platforms for Node.js apps:
- Managed: This enables you to focus on the application’s code and a service provider takes responsibility for maintaining its infrastructure.
- Cloud VM: In this method, you can utilize your preferred OS and take charge of installing, deploying, and managing everything independently.
In this post, we’ll share a variety of Node.js hosting platforms for 2020. Here are the list of top 11 from our side, check out-
Top NodeJS Hosting Platforms 2020
Heroku is well-documented, easily scalable, a developer friendly cloud application hosting platform, that supports a wide range of environment and languages, including NodeJS.
Thanks to Heroku’s fantastic documentation, this free NodeJS hosting is one of the excellent hosting platforms for beginners as well as experienced developers.
Limits for Heroku’s free Node.js hosting:
- 512MB of memory
- Sleeps after 30 minutes of inactivity
- Only 1 user
- Comes with a limit of 1,000 “dyno hours” for your entire account (if you verify with a credit card – otherwise it’s only 550)
But if you’re fine with those limitations and are looking for free Node.js hosting to play around with, it’s a good place to start!
Heroku also offers paid plans, which are also a good option depending on your business needs. Heroku’s paid plans can still be affordable, starting at just $7.
- It offers seamless 3rd party integration.
- You can deploy your app across multiple regions
- The documentation is a bliss ideal for both novice and experienced developers
- Comes with tons of plugins and services
Please note- Heroku is part of the Salesforce organization. They offer a FREE plan which includes 512MB memory, one web or worker to get you started.
AWS makes for one of the great cloud-based NodeJS hosting platforms, by offering many integrated services. This market-leading cloud platform is one of the best choices to host your modern applications.
While there are many services to choose from, one must start with Elastic Beanstalk, which “makes it easy to deploy, manage, and scale your NodeJS web applications using Amazon Web Services.”
Here, you just need to upload your code, and then AWS handles deployment and provisioning. Plus, you have to pay for only AWS services that you use, no extra charge for elastic beanstalk.
The advantage of using Elastic Beanstalk is that you don’t have to worry about infrastructure. You can deploy your application with your favorite development release tools.
It supports the following language–
- and more…
- Load balancing and auto-scaling to scale your application to meet the demands
- Inbuilt monitoring
- Easy integration with other AWS services
- Pay as you go
Please note-AWS offers FREE tier.
Digital ocean is one of the best cloud infrastucture hosting platforms to create enterprise-ready applications.
Digital Ocean lets you spin up a new Ubuntu droplet with a few clicks. Also, one can create their own droplet and set up everything on your own by requesting a plain droplet with your choice of OS and install it.
It’s not considered as the best option for inexperienced users because you’ll need to manage the infrastructure yourself, but the prices are affordable and DigitalOcean makes it super easy to scale your application as needed.
- Get started with new droplet for 5$ per month(Get 10$ credit).
- You have a choice of 8 different data centers on 3 different continents.
- Load Balancer,Object storage, Firewall
- You can scale up or down as needed. Pricing is predictable as you pay for what size of a droplet (VM) you choose.
Please note- Digital Ocean offers one-click installation and deployment for Node.js.
A2 Hosting is one of the few traditional hosting platforms to offer a dedicated Node.js hosting package. A2 is not just famous for WordPress, but they offer Node.js solution too. A2 is a cost-effective solution. You can get it started from as low as $3.92 per month.
That is, you’re typically looking at cloud or dedicated options for Node.js, but A2 Hosting lets you use their shared plans. Plans go up from there for more websites and better performance.
However, the downside of A2 Hosting is that it won’t be as easy to scale your application as it would be with one of the many cloud Node.js hosting providers on this list.
- 1 website
- 5 databases
- unlimited storage and transfer
- a free SSL Certificate via Let’s Encrypt
- cPanel for server management
- Every plan comes with unlimited storage.
However, scaling depends on the package you choose. If you are doing rapid development and deployment, then you may want to try out other providers too.
Please note- Give A2 Hosting a try as they come with anytime money-back guarantee.
If you’re looking for free Node.js hosting for a fun project, Glitch might be the tool for you. It is not a good option for a serious business, but it is great for fun apps or prototyping.
You can even create an app anonymously, though you’ll need to log in via GitHub or Facebook if you want your projects to stay active (anonymous apps expire in five days).
There are some other restrictions like:
- Projects sleep after 5 minutes if not used and are automatically stopped after 12 hours. They wake when receiving another HTTP request.
- 200MB disk space limit and 512MB assets storage space.
- 512MB RAM, just like Heroku’s free Node.js hosting limits.
- Limited to 4,000 requests per hour.
Please note- Glitch does not let you use your own domain.
If you want to host your Node.js app on the same infrastructure that powers Google Search and YouTube, Google Cloud Platform might just be the best Node.js hosting for you.
Like Amazon Web Services, you’ll have your choice of many different products and services. You’ll definitely want to consider is Google App Engine, which lets you “focus just on writing code, without the worry of managing the underlying infrastructure”.
And, like AWS, you’ll only pay for the resources that you actually use.
Experience Google’s low latency network and host your application where Google products are.
There are 4 available options for you.
- App Engine – no need to manage the infrastructure as Google does for you. It’s a PaaS solution.
- Compute Engine – get a VM with the choice of your OS and install it the way you want. You manage the server and have full control.
- Kubernetes Engine – Run Node.js application in a container.
- Cloud Functions – A serverless solution where you create your function to execute on Google’s infrastructure. You pay for code runs.
Please note- Google offers $300 worth of credit to try their services. If you are looking to build enterprise-ready applications, then Google Cloud seems perfect.
Any hosting platforms list is incomplete without including Microsoft Azure. One of the market leaders in cloud computing platform got a data center in 54 regions.
It is another big name cloud computing platforms which offers a number of services that make it easy to host and deploy Node.js applications.
Specifically, Azure’s App Service offers a fully managed solution for hosting Node.js applications.
- It offers 12 months of free core services with 200$ credit for additional services in first 30 days.
- Fully managed solution for NodeJS applications.
Similar to the other 2 leading hosting platforms GCP and AWS, here also you have multiple options.
- Virtual Machines – Provision Linux or Windows server to do your environment setup.
- App Service – Fully managed a platform where you deploy your code, and rest will be taken care of by Azure.
- Functions – serverless computing to scale and meet the demands.
Please note- You pay for what you use.
This is one of the platform-as-a-service (PaaS) hosting platforms that handles managing all of your app’s infrastructure.
Platform.sh let you host Node.js applications in a cluster for better availability & performance. Platform.sh is optimized for modern development frameworks and is a fully managed automated hosting platforms.
If you hate managing infrastructure for your Node.js applications, Platform.sh might be the best Node.js hosting for your app.
It’s not technically hosting itself because Platform.sh partners with AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc. But it does make it a lot easier for you to run Node.js applications on that cloud infrastructure.
Platform.sh’s plans start at $50 per month and go up from there depending on your needs.
- Faster application cloning
- Git integration
- Agile scaling
- Micro-services ready
- Free SSL certificates
Please note- You can also get a free trial to test it out – no credit card required. . Support is 24/7.
By the name, it might appear that it supports only Node.js hosting platforms, but that’s not the case, NodeChef supports multiple application languages – Python, Go, PHP, Java, etc.
With plans starting at just $9 per month, NodeChef offers affordable Node.js hosting for your app using Docker containers on bare metal servers in your choice of 4 data centers on 4 continents:
- EU-West (Paris)
You can choose between SQL and NoSQL databases, and NodeChef also offers easy scaling and automated SSL certificate provisioning.
Key Feature of 9$ per month entry-level plan-
- 1 CPU
- 128 MB app memory
- 100 MB database memory
- 1 GB database storage
- Unmetered bandwidth
Some of the incomplete features are:
- One-click deployment
- Real-time logs
- Scalable with one click
- Automatic SSL provisioning
- Monitoring metrics
- Multiple data center locations
Please note- Pricing starts at $9 per month, and billing is hourly.
Hostinger Panel is extremely user-friendly, simple and intuitive and can be used by those with little experience in website development.
Getting your website live is as simple as a click of a button. Everything you need – provided in a clear way.
Start your website with an automatic 1-click WordPress installation. The backend is powered by LiteSpeed caching and advanced optimization to ensure your websites are fast, reliable and secure.
- A wide variety of tools to satisfy advanced user and website developer needs.
- Get more speed, better SEO, visitor retention and conversions with our custom-built WP optimization stack and LiteSpeed cache.
- WordPress made easy.
- Easy to setup
- Simply fast websites
There are 4 Web hosting plans-
- Single shared hosting- Ideal solution for beginners
- Premium shared hosting- Perfect package for personal websites
- Business shared hosting- Optimized for small businesses
- Cloud hosting- Advanced solution for revenue generating businesses.
Please note- Professional hands on 24/7/365 Chat Support.
11. Redhat Openshift
This PaaS (platform as a service) hosting platforms is available to start using for free. Redhat OpenShift provides users with automatic scaling, so apps won’t run slower because of increased traffic.It’s a great option for enterprises and individual developers alike.
- You can use a native privacy feature to access your own database securely,
- Host up to 3 applications for free.
OpenShift is a great option for newcomers looking to experiment with their new Node.js apps.
Please note- You can set up a custom domain as part of the free plan as well.
What’s the Best NodeJS Hosting Platforms for Your Needs?
Let’s wrap up this post by running you through these vital scenarios about NodeJS hosting platforms–
- For tech-savvy, the big cloud infrastructure services make a good option, and they usually give you services that help streamline managing your app and eliminate a lot of the more tedious infrastructure requirements.
- NodeChef offers an affordable price with Docker container approach on bare metal servers.
- AWS,along with Elastic Beanstalk
- Google Cloud Platform, along with App Engine
- Microsoft Azure, along with App Service
- Digital Ocean and Heroku also offer good options, and Platform.sh offers a PaaS to help you with end-to-end development.
- If you don’t want to go the cloud route, A2 Hosting offers an affordable entry point at ~$4 per month and is one of the few hosts that will let you run Node.js without getting your own VPS or dedicated server.
We hope this helps you to find the right NodeJS hosting platform for your goals. It’s highly recommended to make the most of free credit or free trial deals, to try multiple platforms without risk.
Most importantly, always make sure you run a scan of your Node.js app to identify security weaknesses when your code goes live.
Any questions about selecting the best hosting platforms for NodeJS? Ask away in the comment section below!
What are the Top NodeJS Hosting Platforms?
Amazon Web Services (AWS.Amazon.com)
A2 Hosting (www.A2Hosting.com)
Google Cloud Platform (Cloud.Google.com)
Microsoft Azure (Azure.Microsoft.com)
Which Platform is the Best for Website Hosting?
WordPress.org (also known as self hosted WordPress) is the world’s most popular website building platform. Over 35% of all websites on the internet are powered by WordPress. Note: There are two versions of WordPress available. There is self-hosted WordPress.org and WordPress.com.
What are the Best Hosting Services?
Bluehost TechRadar Exclusive Email Hosting
Rackspace Email hosting
Fasthosts email hosting
Microsoft Office 365 Business Essentials email hosting
Zoho email hosting
Liquid Web email hosting
What is a Hosted Platform?
A Hosted platform is like a Swiss Knife. They are basically a one-stop-shop for anyone who isn’t ready to bear the nuances of a self-hosted platform. Hosted platforms are perfect for you if you don’t have the time and workforce to manage your store.
Is NodeJS Hosting Free?
Although Node.js shared hosts (like those listed above) are great money savers with free or cheap monthly costs, they often don’t provide enough resources to host a publically accessible Node.js sever.
If you do need powerful Node.js hosting, InMotion’s VPS servers are an excellent choice.
What are the Advantages of Hosting NodeJS Web Applications on Azure?
One of the advantage of hosting Node.js web applications on Azure is that the application can scale out automatically to hundreds of Azure instances as per the need. With Azure developers can easily migrate applications without the need of changing code and has a support for both Windows and Linux machines.
Also Try Reading
Android app development has become a regular trend to boost your business, but the main factor deciding whether it’ll be a success or not is the programming language used. For a larger number of people, java is the best option because it is easily available. But, the introduction of Kotlin in the scene reduced...
The Node is currently the world’s most popular technology that is opening up infinite career possibilities for any developer who is looking for potential for growth in this field. You can create different applications, such as apps for social media, instant messaging platforms, apps for real-time monitoring, online gaming, and tools for collaboration. Several...
Please leave a comment here and share your valuable feedback with us!