Last year saw the emergence of React as the frontrunner of the front end frameworks competition, leaving Angular way behind. But more importantly, Vue emerged as the one with the largest gain. It increased its share in the market with good growth and a high number of downloads.
What does the year 2020 have in store for them? Will we have the same result or will there be a massive change about to happen??
Read more to find out:
- Front end Frameworks
- Back end Frameworks.
Angular was launched for the first time by AngularJS way back in 2010. But it lacked a lot of essential features due to the changing trends of the markets. Hence, a major change took place in 2016 when Angular2 was launched with major modifications in the previous versions.
The latest version of the Angular is Angular 8 that has reduced the lag and prompted the faster compilation of the Angular apps by using Ivy, a new compiler for Angular apps. It has also reduced its bundle size.
Since the release of React, it has faced some competition and due to the increasing popularity of Vue, it has grown slowly compared to previous years. Although, it has enjoyed the number one position for a long time in the past
Advantages of Angular:
- It is very easy to develop applications in Angular.
- Angular can distribute a single block into multiple blocks. Hence, gives the developer the ease to act on the components individually.
- Angular enjoys large community support since it is the oldest framework available.
- Since it has a component-based structure, its components can be used again.
- The programming quality on Angular is very high, thus it gives good programming feel to the programmers.
- It consists of built-in functionalities.
Disadvantages of Angular:
- It requires a lot of learning and study because of its complex syntax.
- Angular consists of a steep learning curve.
It was constantly giving tough competition to Angular and the breaking point came in November 2019, when it recorded the highest number of downloads. It has been the market leader from its day of release.
Advantages of React:
- It has many tools that allow the developer to play with it and make changes.
- React enjoys good community support and developers and users keep contributing to it to maintain its relevance.
- React has an easy learning curve and it doesn’t require complex study for coding on it.
- It has high efficiency and flexibility. Due to this, its performance improves.
Disadvantages of React:
- React doesn’t have an easy programming style so it is not understood by many.
- React uses JSX, instead of HTML.
- React focuses on creating UIs. Thus, you’ll need third-party libraries to make it.
While working on Angular, he noticed how heavy Angular was as it consumed a lot of power. This resulted in poor performance, so he thought of developing a lighter framework that yields higher performances.
He turned his expectation into reality. At 20KB, Vue is the lightest framework and it results in a bloat-less experience.
Advantages of Vue:
- Vue is the lightest framework at 20KB and simple to work.
- It integrates with other programming languages very easily.
- It is easier to work on Vue since it has an easy learning curve.
- Vue gives faster performance due to its small size.
- Users have started switching over to it over other options.
- It has good documentation.
Disadvantages of Vue:
- It has a small community of users and developers in comparison to React and Angular.
- It is not very flexible when teaming up with large projects.
- Vue has very limited features.
Comparison between React vs Angular vs Vue
- The number of downloads– For the purpose of comparison on the basis of downloads, we would need to refer to a graph.
As it is visible from the graph, React is the most downloaded framework of the three. These many downloads show the confidence of users in React. Vue comes second by a long distance, surpassing Angular.
Also, it shows that users are moving towards Vue very fast and Angular comes a distinct third. This shows that new users are not keen on using Angular and they are preferring Vue and React over Angular.
- Framework Size – When it comes to the framework, the size of the libraries become an important characteristic. This is because runtime depends on the size. Angular consists of the framework of the largest size at 500KB. React comes second at 100KB. Vue is the lightest at 80KB(Bundle size).
- Community Support – React and Angular has the largest community support because of the support from Facebook and Google respectively. They are regularly updated with one major update in six months. Vue, on the other hand, doesn’t have a huge community like React or Angular.
All the three frameworks compared are good but what you prefer is entirely up to you as per the specific needs of your project’s needs. Each framework comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages and their usage depends on how you want to use these front end frameworks.
So, to make the framework selection easy for you, we have made some quick short points for you:
- If you love good performance and bloat-free experience, then you should go for Vue.
- Angular would be preferable for you if you like (OOPs) object-oriented programming.
What is the difference between Vue and React?
1. React is developed by Facebook. Vue is developed by Evan You, a former developer at Google.
2. Vue is small in size. React is larger than Vue.
3. React has a large community. Vue has very small community.
4. Vue has an easy learning curve. React possesses a comparatively steeper curve.
Read more here
Is Vue easier than React?
What is the difference between API and library?
An API can be made of several libraries to complete a particular action whereas a library by itself is not an API but rather a collection of useful techniques or functions.
The library referts to the code whereas API refers to the interface.
Library is a reusable chunk of codes whereas API is a point of contact that allows interaction between running codes
What does a front end developer do?
Also Try Reading
Android app development has become a regular trend to boost your business, but the main factor deciding whether it’ll be a success or not is the programming language used. For a larger number of people, java is the best option because it is easily available. But, the introduction of Kotlin in the scene reduced...
The Node is currently the world’s most popular technology that is opening up infinite career possibilities for any developer who is looking for potential for growth in this field. You can create different applications, such as apps for social media, instant messaging platforms, apps for real-time monitoring, online gaming, and tools for collaboration. Several...
Please leave a comment here and share your valuable feedback with us!