So many programming languages- confused about what to choose or pursue as a job. In this article, every programming language is briefly described which make easy for you to choose and learn according to your interest.
Sometimes it is difficult to find the best out of the rest. Here are the top 5 programming languages and their job rates and future scope.
Before starting with languages, let’s brief that what is programming language is?
Introduction to Programming Language
The programming language is a language which contains a set of instructions that produce various kinds of outputs. It is used in computer programming to execute algorithms.
Thousands of different programming languages built and many more created every year but only a few implemented in the market or used by developers.
But only those programming languages, that are easy to use and understand. The classification of a programming language usually divided into two ingredients- syntax (form) and semantics (meaning).
- It is the surface form of a programming language.
- Most of the programming languages are purely textual, so they use sequences of text including words, numbers, and punctuation.
- The syntax of a language expresses the possible compounds/combination of symbols.
- The meaning of programming languages.
- There are two types of semantics-
(1) Static semantics: The static semantics defines restrictions on the structure of valid texts that are hard or impossible to express in standard syntactic formalisms. and
(2) Dynamic semantics: The machine must be instructed to perform operations on the data.
TOP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES AND THEIR JOBS AND FUTURE SCOPES
Several new programming languages are coming up that revised for different categories of developers (beginners, average, and experts). As well as for different use cases (web application, mobile applications, game development, distributed system, etc).
The most essential skill to learn in today’s scenario is how to write a computer program. The programming and developer community are emerging at a rate faster than ever before.
It is a general-purpose programming language, which is used to build easy and tools and libraries. For backend web development, artificial intelligence, data analysis, and scientific computing- python is a great language.
There are many developers who use python and find it simple and easy to learning. Therefore, they have used python to build productivity tools, games, and desktop applications.
Today, Python has multiple implementations including Jython, scripted in Java language for Java Virtual Machine; IronPython has written in C# for the Common Language Infrastructure, and PyPy version written in RPython and translated into C.
While these implementations work in the native language they are written in, they are also capable of interacting with other languages through the use of modules. Most of these modules work on the community development model and are open-source and free.
Advantages/Benefits of Python
The various application of the Python language is a combination of features which give this language advantages.
- Supportive Libraries: Python provides a large standard library which includes areas like internet protocols, string operations, web services tools, and operating system interfaces.
- Presence of Third Party Modules: The Python Package Index (PyPI) contains numerous third-party modules that make Python capable of interacting with most of the other languages and platforms.
- Productivity and Speed: Python has a clean object-oriented design which provides enhanced process control capabilities and possesses strong integration as well as text processing capabilities.
- Open Source and Community Development: Python language is developed under an OSI-approved open source license, which makes it free to use and distribute, including for commercial purposes.
- Learning Ease and Support Available: Python gives excellent readability and uncluttered easy-to-learn syntax which helps beginners to utilize this programming language. The code style guidelines, PEP 8, provides a set of rules which help to format the code.
- User-friendly Data Structures: Python has built-in list and dictionary data structures which can be used to create fast runtime data structures. Secondly, it also provides the option of high-level data typing which decreases the length of the support code that is needed.
Career With Python
- With many different programming languages available, Python has tremendously outraced the other languages.
- Career opportunities associated with Python have also grown significantly as its popularity has increased by 40%.
- Many IT businesses are looking for more candidates with experience and skills in Python programming languages.
- This has illustrated the better career scope for the Python programmers in the near future.
Why Python has a bright future ahead?
[Important] Recently, on 2nd July 2019, Python 3.6.9 offers drastic improvement, among other new features. Python 3.7.4 is the current version of Python which is released on July 8, 2019.
Python has been voted for the most favourite programming language. It is assuredly beating other programming languages. It has been used for developing almost every kind of applications whether it is web applications or game applications.
JS is the high-level, interpreted scripting language which follows the ECMAScript specification. It is the multi-paradigm, supporting object-oriented, dynamic, imperative, declarative and a prototype-based language.
– if statements,
– for and while loops,
– switch, catch blocks function.
Career with JS
There are so many options for freshers or experienced people:
- UX/UI designer: Design the product features according to users or clients. And find innovative ways to resolve UX problems as well as collaborate with UI designers to execute attractive designs.
- Full-stack developer: Design the architecture of the web application.
- DevOps engineer: This job is a link between IT and Developers like testing servers, deploying, version control, build processes and server software.
Advanced future of JS
No doubt that there are various frameworks (VUE.js, jQuery, Angualr.js, and React.js) that have their own established in the market which is constantly growing as well as some frameworks might fail in future and some continually grow.
Looking at the statistics and market position, it does not seem that react.js will leave its popularity in recent time as well as in the future.
The future, however, it will be a hybrid of everything available today. Where one framework, which is defined as the easiest to adopt by developers and proposes a complete solution, uses complementary techniques such as web components, web assembly, and AI, to create an end to end solution for developing applications.
It is a general-purpose programming language that is class-based, and object-oriented. Java code can run anywhere or on all platforms that support Java without the need for recompilation. And Java applications are typically compiled to bytecode that can run on any Java virtual machine (JVM). The syntax of Java is similar to C and C++.
Java is one of the popular programming languages. it is a widely-used programming language that designed according to any distributed environment of the internet. As well as Java can be used for creating complete applications.
Java is popular because-
- data is secure
- easy to learn
- code robust
- applets give flexibility
- portability in a network
Three main platforms of Java:
- Java SE (Standard Edition)
- Java EE (Enterprise Edition)
- JavaME (Micro Edition)
[Important] The latest version is Java 12 which is released in March 2019.
The Career path with JAVA
There are many career options with Java:
- Back-end developer: This career path is the one most in-demand and offers worldwide. As freelancer or remote developers or in-office, companies demand back-end developers for them and with a good salary package.
- Big data developer: This is fastly growing career option as most of the companies are looking for leveraging large data sets for various business and marketing.
- Android developer: An android programmer as a career is a really good option with java.
- Embedded devises developer: Using Java, this is a niche path which also has growth opportunities for the developers.
In the above graph, you find three years of representation of developers positions.
However, Java is the one outstanding Android versatile application that improving market. The popularity of Java is high than other programming languages.
Future of JAVA
No doubt that java would have an amazing future, as it is a future-oriented programming language for years. Secondly, Java has brought many new concepts in which the most significant one is the security of applications and programs. So, in the upcoming years, business organizations find Java applications more secure.
Ruby on Rails
It is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming. Ruby is used to collecting garbage, it is a dynamic type language which supports multiple programming paradigms. Also, it includes procedural, object-oriented and functional programming.
Rails is a development tool that gives web developers a framework and a structure to write code. It simply helps to build websites and applications. ” Convention over configuration” is the key principle of Ruby.
Why developer go with Ruby on Rails?
- Ruby is faster than other framework and language.
- Same coding structure which makes coding easy for the developers.
- Good for rapid application development (RAD) as well as easy to accommodate changes.
- It developed a strong focus on testing.
- Also, it has open-source libraries
Boost your career with Ruby
As now ruby on rail becomes the popular programming language. Ruby on rails entry-level jobs is Junior programmer and co-developers. As well as the experienced person get the good opportunity of high-position jobs like chief technology officer, project leader, and senior developers. With these amazing jobs, they get an annual salary which is starts at $100,000 to $154,000.
- The mid-level RoR developer job requires you to have knowledge about ActiveRecord Associations, Design patterns, and Object Orientation.
- The senior-level jobs in Ruby on Rails require the developers to have skills such as understanding of Ruby Metaprogramming, database modelling, monitoring skills, planning, and estimation.
Future track with Ruby on Rail
After watching the career scope of Ruby, it looks like Ruby has a huge and bright future because:
- Apt for a low budget
- Easy testing
Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) is a general-purpose programming language which is designed for web development. PHP code is usually processed by PHP interpreter as a module in the webserver secondly, the PHP code executed with a command-line interface (CLI). It is a scripting language that adopts to server-side web development. So, it can be used for client-side GUI and command-line scripting. Many web hosting providers support PHP for their clients. Also, PHP is free of cost.
The main use of PHP is that it acts like a filter, which takes input from text and converts it into output another stream. And it common output as HTML. PHP main focuses on the server-side scripting languages that provide dynamic content from a webserver to the client.
Why developers choose PHP?
- PHP supports database management system and other open-source.
- It also supports MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, etc.
- It is simple and easy to learn.
- Runs on platforms such as Linux, Windows, etc.
Career with PHP
Becoming a PHP developer can open several doors throughout your career. The first step up the ladder from this position is a senior web developer job.
In this role, your responsibilities encompass all aspects of creating websites and software, including supervision of PHP. From the position of a senior web developer, you can go on to become an IT manager, development director, Chief Technology Officer, or a senior .NET developer. These are just a few options you can take depending on your other qualifications.
Future of PHP
Also Try Reading
Android app development has become a regular trend to boost your business, but the main factor deciding whether it’ll be a success or not is the programming language used. For a larger number of people, java is the best option because it is easily available. But, the introduction of Kotlin in the scene reduced...
The Node is currently the world’s most popular technology that is opening up infinite career possibilities for any developer who is looking for potential for growth in this field. You can create different applications, such as apps for social media, instant messaging platforms, apps for real-time monitoring, online gaming, and tools for collaboration. Several...
Please leave a comment here and share your valuable feedback with us!