In this fast-paced, ever-evolving digital scenario, better time management is the key to success. The best idea for a successful time-management strategy is to have proper planning and execute it accordingly. The most important thing to remember when looking for the best time management strategies is that being organized is equal to being productive.
In the modern workplace, things are expected to move instant and smooth for enhanced productivity. And, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with the continuous bombardment of emails, memos, tasks, slack and skype messages and other office distractions.
To combat all these work-related interruptions and still perform at our best and outperform others, we must be smart enough to use smart time-management tools. When we have a balanced usage of time at the workspace, it creates a harmonious experience for both employers and the employees and provides a better work-life balance for each individual.
One can achieve any goal and handle any amount of workload if time-management tools are effectively applied. To get more productivity out of these time-management tools, we must research them and choose wisely which one works best for you and your organization’s needs.
Basically, three main pillars of time management are prioritization, scheduling, and focus on your work.
For effortless smooth switch between one project to another and hassle-free work schedule, one needs to consider implementing better time-management skills and tools to avoid distractions and loss of productivity.
To achieve better time-management results, we must plan right through the following ways:
- Controlling your environment
- Last but not the least understanding yourself and identifying what you will change about your habits, routines, and attitude to bring better productivity.
Setting Priorities To Achieve Goals:
Time Management is often attained by setting proper goals and instructions to organize the task’s priorities with the help of a master list for day’s activity. These goals are set and split into a project, a planned action, or a simple tasks list to work accordingly in order of priority to maintain some gravitational goals.
Basically, what these time-management tools does is make our tasks easier, simpler and more productive for better work experience.
Here, we have tried compiling a list of 5 most used time-management tools which produce better work productivity:
Scoro is an effective Time management Business management software tool providing an all in one task together like Sales, Projects, reports for Professional and Creative services.
Scoro enables all the tools to manage your business such as supervise and track projects, project management, work scheduling, tracking, taskboards, budgeting, contact database, quoting and billing, advanced reporting, real-time dashboards, and more.
- Scoro task includes the Time Tracking system with the help of which, you can make the billing process much easier.
- Resource Management is one of the good features in which not only you can manage time but also set some rules fields to manage and check all the projects.
- It has a Document Storage section in which all docs and files of each task are used to upload images, documents, and spreadsheets for projects.
- Every Scoro task has a file uploading and sharing function so you can easily share all the resources with the rest of your team.
- The dashboard in Scoro involves an entire header of financial appliances that follow all budgets, expenses, credits, and each project’s income.
Asana is one of the most popular projects management software currently available in the market. It supports both browser-based, and mobile application to organize, track, and manage the team’s work.
It supports teams to manage their projects and tasks in a single tool by owning creative projects, assigning work to employees, mention deadlines, and communicate about tasks directly.
Basically, Asana streamlines team-based work management by handily letting you set priorities and deadlines, sharing details and assigning tasks in the same place. Also, it enables you permission to follow projects and tasks through every stage.
- Asana easily facilitates getting into tasks and ideas, updates from teammates, develop tasks, and projects, or manage your working list for the day.
- Work can be classified into shared projects in lists and panels and piece of work needs to be completed with due dates.
- Also, it provides the facility to examine work on a Timeline to see how it all associates.
- It plays a significant role in important and smooth communications between team members. Teammates can comment @mention on tasks directly to ask questions or share important work details, they can ping teammates or start project discussions so the whole team can stay updated on progress.
- Managers can monitor the status of all key initiatives and projects in real-time with Portfolios.
ProofHub was launched in 2011 by SDP Labs, a web design and development company based out of Walnut, California.
ProofHub is a Cloud or project planning software that conveys all the basic tools needed for project management for faster work experience. It is available in different languages like English, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, German, and French and very soon it will also be available in Russian.
Over the last few years, ProofHub has captured widespread customer base- from large corporations to nestling start-ups. Many big-name users of this software are TripAdvisor, Harvard University, Taco Bell, the University of Kent, and Wipro.
- Workflows and Boards
- Security options
- To-do lists and Tasks
- Mobile and Tablet Compatability
- Gantt Charts
- Advanced Search
- Chat and Discussions.
Toggl is the most popular cloud-based, time tracking app that helps you master time-management and how can you start tracking your work hours and manage them with just one click. Completing Timesheet’s inaccurate time is never been this easy! Thanks to Toggle! it’s simpler and convenient to process.
With the help of Toggl, you can remove undesirable entries, can complete your process by either doing the process on-time page or detailed reports.
In Toggl you can time manually and it works on both time formats of 12 hours and 24 hours to make all processes of time tracking. It is mostly web-dependent but does have apps for desktop, iOS, and Android that will sync together in real-time.
Toggl is an open-source time tracking app, making easier third-party integrations.
- Setting time reminders is one of the features for people forgetting to track their time.
- Recording your computer usage with Toggl Timeline in which timeline records every website and program that you view for longer than 10 seconds, and displays your workday in the 15-minute graphic pieces.
- Through Pause and Continue time entries you can set time entries to only have a date and a duration instead of a start and stop time.
- One of the best secrets of toggles feature is Saving and Sharing Toggl reports, when you’re tired of generating the duplicate reports each month.
- By using these Shortcuts like @ and # you can easily compute projects and tags much faster and get back to work right away.
- Manual mode is the optional feature and it is available from the setting menu, where if you want more control you just add and edit all of your time manually and make sure that every second of your time is accounted for.
Replicon is a software solution cloud time tracking application including attendance, project tracking, time billing, and expense management software. Replicon has a solution for any workforce management challenge.
Replicon was co-founded in 1996 by Raj Narayanaswamy and Lakshmi Raj in Calgary, Canada.
Its product collection also includes Timebill, Timecost, Timeattend, and Web expense and it also offers a Cloud-based Time lock solution called “CloudClock”.
Replicon is built from ground up for scalability and handling global categorization enabling real-time access to time and gross pay data.
- Replicon uses Scheduling feature, with the help of this feature you can create schedules for teams and departments that help to keep all management on the same page.
- Budgeting is one of the finest reporting features that includes labor cost budgeting, forecasting, and client profitability, etc.
- With the help of an Accountability feature, it allows employees many different ways to clock in with Replicon.
- Time Intelligence Products in which Timebill, Timecost features are enabled and other hand products are TimeAttend for managing attendance, TimeOff for resource availability, and expense.
With the help of these sleek, smart and effective time-management tools, one can be on top of their game whether we are in between meetings or on-site events. Whatever be the tool or whichever be the organization’s needs, the following conditions must be satisfied to achieve greater benefits while selecting the best tool for yourself-
Here you go:
- Billing applicants for projects.
- Emailing custom reports to clients.
- Proper recording of the team’s time spent.
- Making payments as per the work schedules.
How do you prioritize your tasks?
You would prioritize your work or tasks to manage tour team’s workload and set deadlines for complete work in a particular time.
1. Collect a list of all your tasks.
2. Be flexible and adaptable towards your work.
3. Identify your urgent and non urgent work.
4. Control their stress when dealing with multiple tasks.
5. Finish you work according to your deadlines.
How Do You manage your time in a project when the project has a strict deadline?
Worker should know the importance of time and should be able to understand the working criteria and priortize your tasks which is really helpful to manage your time in a project.
How do you assign tasks to your team?
Very first, you’d identify the tasks or responsibility you want to assign-
1. Now check the capability of the person to delegate the tasks with trust and decorum.
2. Assign tasks based on skill and experience, give direction and context.
Android app development has become a regular trend to boost your business, but the main factor deciding whether it’ll be a success or not is the programming language used. For a larger number of people, java is the best option because it is easily available. But, the introduction of Kotlin in the scene reduced...
The Node is currently the world’s most popular technology that is opening up infinite career possibilities for any developer who is looking for potential for growth in this field. You can create different applications, such as apps for social media, instant messaging platforms, apps for real-time monitoring, online gaming, and tools for collaboration. Several...
Please leave a comment here and share your valuable feedback with us!